14 Nov Client Director
Why work for Brightwave?
You’ll find a lot at Brightwave.
Great people, a competitive salary, and a flexible benefits scheme are just where it begins. We’re an award-winning market leader in creating engaging, high-impact digital learning.
We provide blended learning, learning portals, learning games and consultancy, working with an exciting range of global clients representing every industry sector.
Our multi-talented, creative team has worked with many of the world’s top brands.
We’re friendly, fun and seriously committed to our core values of Innovation, Creativity and Collaboration (and you can see the sea from our offices).
Overview of the role
The Client Director role is a leadership role of strategic importance to the future success of Brightwave. The purpose is to maximise the profitability of an existing portfolio of accounts and grow our presence and profitability in assigned sectors.
Your responsibilities will include:
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business
- Reach out as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization
- Research and build relationships with new clients
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals
- Plan approaches and pitches
- Work to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Participate in pricing the solution/service
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Present to and consult with management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and idea that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like pre-qualification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
You will have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong sales experience within the eLearning industry, designing bespoke E-Learning proposals that suit the client’s needs, and are of a value in excess of 100K (GBP) is essential.
Other desirable skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office
- Our focus is on Forbes top 1000 clients so being able to leverage a contact network in this area is highly advantageous
- French, Dutch and German language speaker also useful.
Brightwave operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age or political opinions.